Sunday, August 28, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Outside the screen porch we have found the ideal spot to grow a few things. The tomato if tied up would be about 7' tall and it has big beautiful tomatoes since they ripen while lying on the concrete and not the clay. The jalapeno plant has produced an abundance of peppers. HOT! peppers. The basil is growing like none we have grown before. Big and leafy which is a far cry from last years which was bug eaten and small. We may need to rethink the front porch garden next year.
Tomato blight in the front of the house has about wiped out the cheater tomato. It's still bearing fruit but the end is in sight. The cherry peppers and others are still doing well though we need rain. Herbs are holding on with the french sorrel doing exceptionally well. If only we knew how to use it? The onions have been obscured by the tomatoes and will slowly get more sun as we prune out the contaminated vegetation.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
The beginning of the end of summer! How do I know?
- Peter is officiating the pentathlon in Marinette-the unofficial beginning of girls' swimming.
- Cheater tomato plant is almost done, other plants are producing nice red tomatoes.
- My classroom is ready and I am about to fill the aquarium and purchase the first fish.
- One week of water arobics left.
- Contemplating a "last hurrah" trip.
- Wondering about my school wardrobe and even thinking of ironing.
- I have muscles.
- My hair is bleached by the sun.
- I am tired of potato salad.
- I have an inverted bowl of Elsie's pickles in the frig.
- I am on my last "summer book"
- Listened to a Packer game last night.
- Brewers are a least 7 games ahead. (Well, that doesn't happen every summer)
- I have 4 new tires on the car.
- The corn is high and green.
- The apples in the back orchard are there.
- I am thinking about last year and Jana and Jared's wedding.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
- Family visits
What August brings!!
- class list
- names on everything
- unpacking ordered supplies
- setting up a classroom
- creating schedules
- meeting a new superintendent and a new principal!
- peaches, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes on bagels and cream cheese, salsa
- two last books to enjoy
- screen porch again as humidity is gone!
- biking and swimming
- trying to relax!