Monday, September 14, 2009

Rhoades House Granola

Saturday morning breakfast. Breadsmith Bread, Michigan Peaches, Pullet Eggs, Kwik Trip Coffee, Rhoades House Bran Muffins, and Rhoades House Granola.

Haley's version of Rhoades House Granola:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Grease a baking sheet – I use a 9 x 13 pan so the stuff doesn’t fall off the edge.

½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup pecans – coarsely chopped
½ cup walnuts – coarsely chopped
3 cup oats – not the quick cook kind

1 tsp. ground allspice
2 T. butter
2/3 cup firewood honey or other light honey –I use any honey I can find.
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup dried cherries (my mom uses dates, raisins, and cranraisins)
¼ cup dried blueberries (I haven’t used these)

In a bowl, combine nuts, oats, and allspice. In a small saucepan, combine butter and honey, over medium-low heat cook until butter is melted.

Add honey – butter mixture to oat mixture, stirring well. Add fruit and mix. Press into the pan.

Bake 35 minutes. Cool completely.—this lets you have big chunks of granola.

When it is cool break it up and store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I just have to say I love your blog and I have no clue how I found it!!!! I am definately going to make the granola recipe you have posted! If that is okay!

Mom said...

It is a great granola recipe. Jess?