Saturday, September 26, 2009

Elkart lake Market Today

We always check out the rugs woven by this guy from Pidgeon Lake. This one was eye catching. It is very heavy and super soft, cotton. Thought it would warm up feet in Emily and Jon's new bathroom. The weaver had a shop in Manitou Springs for several years and was excited at the possibility of his rug ending up in Colorado Springs. His wife's dream was to attend CC. He had a larger rug woven with corduroy earlier in the summer that we liked for the front hall, but when we came back to buy it, it was gone. He said corduroy is hard to weave and keep a straight edge. Fun couple. When I have his card with me I will print his name. He still has a good friend that paints pictures of the houses of Manitou Springs and has a shop there. The artist's name is Allan Gerth.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I am sure Jon will absolutely love this rug. :)

emily said...

I already shared Jon's aversion to rugs with Mom. I said we would have to negotiate...