Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tiling tips

Closing in on the tile projects. Some thoughts and helpful hints, maybe. We happened to be at a Home Depot one Saturday and stumbled into a tiling demonstration. First timers this is a great place to see exactly what you are up against. (If you are doing a 3' x 3' project) . Actually it's not a ba d demonstration. Next, get the spacers and use them. A heavy duty drill with a mixing paddle, 5 gallon bucket, hose for water for the grout and thin set and rinsing the mixing paddle (mix outside) , knee pads, proper trowel(s) , thinset, grout, patience. Add a small amount of water to the bucket to start the mix. Always water first . Mix thinset so it's the texture of peanut butter, loose peanut butter not that thick organic stuff. Before you get to this point be sure to square . I see that I'm not going to finish this and I've got to organize my thoughts a little better so I'm going to stop and edit later

No comments: